Martha Jesty Spanish Language Teacher, Tutor & Coach in Surrey- Official DELE examiner
Martha Jesty is a multi-faceted language coach and life coach. She has more than 20 years’ experience in Spanish language teaching, an RSA Diploma in Teaching Modern Languages and is an accredited Instituto Cervantes Examiner for the DELE exams. Peruvian born and a British Citizen for many years, Martha has a Post graduate diploma in Psychological Trauma and a Diploma in Pastoral Care, enabling her to use a caring approach with all her clients that leads them to discover their own learning techniques. Her Spanish language teaching and training techniques are unique in the market as it uses the whole persona (brain, soul, body) to further her clients Spanish language learning for adults, families with small children and teens doing their exams.
Using the Communicative Approach methodology with an emphasis on speaking Spanish, Martha’s Spanish online or face to face Spanish classes are fun, enjoyable and effective, where clients learn faster than they expected.
Martha Jesty is a member of The Intitute of Linguistics and has an enhanced Police DBS to work with children and vulnerable people.
Martha is a First Aider for adults and children.
"I am an energetic and positive person with a passion to see people free from stress and worries. With a positive attitude to life, I see problems as an opportunity to become better every day. I am a lover of life, food and dance and I trasmit these optimistic and positive feelings to each of my clients whatever their ages.
I will train you to pass that important exam and to communicate with Spanish speakers all around the world whatever your level in the language. I will train your family to become bilingual, I will train you to think in Spanish and understand Spanish in a very effective way"
Spanish Lessons in Surrey has the following objectives:
- To provide effective Spanish for adults, Spanish for families and Spanish for GCSE & Alevel students to master the language according to their objectives.
- To provide Spanish language services with integrity, transparency and due care for all our clients
- To train clients effectively in the knowledge of Latin American and Spanish language and culture.
- To make immersion in to the Spanish language and culture at our Spanish Club for Adults.
- To make accessible the learning of Spanish language wherever our clients are based, through online Spanish learning and face to face all around London and Surrey.
- To build friendships and work in partnership with the business community in Surrey.
- Integrity and transparency in everything we do and say, verbally and in writing.
- Nothing is impossible - we believe that every person, of any age or gender, has the capacity to learn Spanish in whatever their history, past experience or IQ level.
- The wellbeing of our clients is paramount. We never push them, stress them out or criticise them for their way of learning, but encourage them and teach them that making mistakes while learning Spanish is a great way of getting better.
- Patience, enthusiasm and efficiency in all our teaching courses with the only objective being that our clients attain their own language objectives and goals.
In 1996 Martha Jesty started trading as Latin American Language Services-LALS in Surbiton, Surrey, in order to let the British public know regarding the differences between Latin America and Spain in language and culture. Latin American Language Service's team of professionals served a wide clientele all over the UK teaching adults and children. Now trading as Spanish Lessons in Surrey we work with highly qualified Spanish language teachers who originate from countries across Latin America and Spain. At Spanish Lessons in Surrey we use the Communicative Approach methodology, putting the emphasis on speaking the language. We follow the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, which provides a standard basis for the design of all language programmes in Europe. Therefore we can accurately check each client's language progress in the four skills of: speaking, writing, listening and reading. Martha Jesty is an official DELE examiner from Instituto Cervantes. We offer Spanish private classes, Spanish Express Lessons quick and easy, Spanish for teenagers doing Spanish GCSE & Alevel
"You probably heard of the power of teaching by example? Martha is one of these inspiring people whose passion for what she does naturally creates her business of teaching languages and dancing. Ever thought of learning Spanish, visually, auditory plus moving your body with the rhythm of uno, dos, tres, ...? That's what we did at Martha's talk at Fabulous Women and I think I can safely say, we didn't just learn to count from one to ten but also got a reminder of how much fun and ease learning can be."
"I loved my Spanish lessons with Martha Jesty - she has a very thorough and engaging approach to learning Spanish and I felt that my spoken Spanish particularly improved over the course of my 10 lessons with her. She also gave me lots of advice for home learning. I would thoroughly recommend lessons with her."
"Very efficient Spanish courses because of the small group size. Martha Jesty our Spanish teacher adapted to our level when she noticed we didn't follow. Excellent teacher."
“I would like to let you know how much I enjoyed the Spanish lessons with you Martha. I thought the topics you chose were perfect for beginners and I do think I could at least start a conversation with a Spanish speaking person. Thank you again for making my isolation a little bit more bearable for a few days.” Sue Maclean
"I like Martha’s enthusiasm. I liked the introduction to books/ stories at my level which I can read and understand. The small class size is beneficial. The classes are varied and include different methodologies which is very useful. We cover a lot in class. The classes give a structure to learning you can then practice and go over on your own when is essential for it being returned. I feel there is more opportunity to participate compared with other adult education course I have attended." Janet Martin